What is a fir tree?
The portland fir tree is a decorative tree used in festivals, especially winter festivals. It has pointed leaves and upright cones. These come under the category of evergreen coniferous trees. It is mostly very tall, and the pointed leaves have a needle-like appearance.
What are the different uses of fir trees?
- Plywood – the fir trees are used to make plywood as it might not be suitable to obtain timber but can provide us with rough timber. Plywood acts as a protective film that is added to the outer surface of the furniture. Plywood is also used to make a piece of complete furniture for indoor usage.
- Decorative trees – fir trees are used worldwide as winter festive decoration tree, especially for Christmas. It can serve a dual purpose of the festival as well as daily home décor.
- Food for insects – it serves as a food source for insects like caterpillars. So it helps to maintain the food cycle of a butterfly.
- Papers – fir trees are extensively used for pulp production that is essential for the manufacture of papers that is a major necessity in all the working fields.
- Drug/medicine – The shoot and oil obtained from fir can be used as a drug to treat flu and cough, sore throat and fever. It may also help the elderly with muscle pain and arthritis. With the correct dosage, these medicinal properties are of great use and have no side effects.
Fir trees are used to beautify the garden. The reason behind this is the appearance of fir trees. Fir trees have finely shaped leaves, cone-shaped structure, symmetry of the tree. These leaves enhance the beauty of a place and hence are used in many resorts and visiting places. These have a lot of significance in celebrating winter festivals like Christmas and New Year. The fir tree shed its oldest leaves all at once.
The portland fir also provides artificial trees for the decorative purpose to enhance the beauty of your house and to add a natural touch to your house and will look different than the usual artificial décor items. It will attract the attention of your guests and hence leave an impactful impression. The home décor tree will also serve you the purpose of a Xmas tree so that you don’t have to buy a new one, and this will help you save money that you can invest somewhere else. Artificial trees are cost-effective, last longer and do not spread pollen allergies. Artificial trees can be stored, dismantled and reused. You can easily get rid of them when you want to.
Zero maintenance –
If you are a busy person who works all day in the office, it is very difficult to manage a lot of house chores other than the essentials. So keeping natural plants and trees can be very difficult for you as they need proper care of watering, adding manure, providing proper sunlight, keeping insects and pests away etc. in this case, artificial portland fir trees are the ideal choice.